At its launch event at Computex 2016, Asus has announced its latest ZenFone 3 series, successors to the ZenFone 2 from last year. The series consists of three flagship-class devices, namely the ZenFone 3, ZenFone 3 Deluxe and ZenFone 3 Ultra.
All three smartphones feature a 1920x1080 Full HD screen resolution. The regular ZenFone 3 is claimed to be a "mainstream" mid-range phone with a fingerprint scanner at the back and internal storage up to 64 GB. The device has glass panels on the front and the back, with a metal chassis and curved edges. It is available in gold, blue, black and white. The rest of the known specifications are as follows:
- Display: 5.5-inch Super IPS+, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- RAM: 4 GB
- Battery: 3000 m,Ah
- Cameras: 16 MP rear, 8 MP front
On the other hand, the slightly more powerful ZenFone 3 Deluxe sports a unibody aluminum construction, and Asus claims that it is world's first full-metal device with invisible antenna lines. The handset is available in the colors gray, silver and gold and boasts the following specifications:
- Display: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- RAM: Up to 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Camera: 23 MP rear, Sony IMX318 image sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PixelMaster 3.0 technology
- Battery: 3,000 mAh, Quick Charge 3.0 technology
Considerably different from its counterparts, the ZenFone 3 Ultra is presumably a media-focused device with specs intermediate to that of its siblings:
- Display: 6.8-inch, Tru2Life+ Video technology
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 652
- RAM: Up to 4 GB
- GPU: Adreno 510
- Battery: 4,600 mAh, Quick Charge 3.0 technology
In order to increase the media-focused entertainment value of the handset, Asus has also claimed that the ZenFone 3 Ultra excels at audio as well with its two five-magnet stereo speakers and a NXP smart amplifier. While listening over "certified headphones", users can also enjoy Hi-Res Audio (HRA), which provides up to four times better sound quality than standard CDs. The Asus ZenFone 3 Ultra is available in various color options including gray, silver and pink.
All in all, the three high-end smartphones seemingly appear more premium and boast considerably better specifications then last year's models. Asus is yet to announce pricing and availability details.
Source and images: Asus