Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities. Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.
Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
Changes in Firefox 42.0:
- Private Browsing with Tracking Protection blocks certain Web elements that could be used to record your behavior across sites
- IPV6 support
- Preferences for controlling ICE candidate generation and IP exposure
- Hooks for extensions to allow/deny createOffer/Answer
- Improved ability for applications to monitor and control which devices are used in getUserMedia
Login Manager improvements:
- Improved heuristics to save usernames and passwords
- Edit and show all logins in line, Copy/Paste usernames/passwords from the Context menu
- Migration imports your passwords to Firefox from Windows Chrome and IE; import anytime from the Login Manager
- Control Center that contains site security and privacy controls
- Indicator added to tabs that play audio with one-click muting
- Improved performance on interactive websites that trigger a lot of restyles
- Media Source Extension for HTML5 video available for all sites
- Support ImageBitmap and createImageBitmap()
- Implemented ES6 Reflect
- Ability to save filter presets inside CSS Filter Tooltip
- CSS filter presets in the Inspector
- Configurable Firefox OS Simulator in WebIDE, to simulate reference devices like phones, tablets, even TVs
- View HTML source in a tab
- Asynchronous call stacks now allow web developers to follow the code flow through setTimeout, DOM event handlers, and Promise handlers.
- Remote website debugging over WiFi (no USB cable or ADB needed)
- URLs containing a Unicode-format Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) are not redirected properly, leading to a Server Not Found error.
Download: Firefox 42.0 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | 43.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Classic Theme Restorer (Customize Australis)
Download: Firefox 42.0 for Linux | 48.6 MB
Download: Firefox 42.0 for MacOS | 76.4 MB
View: Firefox Home Page