fmedia is a fast asynchronous media player/recorder/converter for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. It provides smooth playback and recording even if devices are very slow. It's highly customizable and can be easily extended with additional plugins. Its low CPU & memory consumption saves energy when running on a notebook's battery.
Play or convert audio files, record new audio tracks from microphone, save songs from Internet radio, and much more! fmedia is free and open-source project, and you can use it as a standalone application or as a library for your own software.
fmedia can decode: .mp3, .ogg (Vorbis, Opus), .opus, .m4a/.mp4 (AAC, ALAC, MPEG), .mka/.mkv (AAC, ALAC, MPEG, Vorbis), .avi (AAC, MPEG), .aac, .mpc, .flac, .ape, .wv, .wav.
fmedia can encode into: .mp3, .ogg, .opus, .m4a (AAC), .flac, .wav.
fmedia 0.37 changelog:
- include='WILDCARD[;WILDCARD]' - Only include files matching a wildcard (case-insensitive)
- exclude='WILDCARD[;WILDCARD]' - Exclude files & directories matching a wildcard (case-insensitive)
- until=playback-end - Stop recording when the last playback track is finished
- net.http: connect_timeout config setting
- net.icy: support OGG stream
- queue: start the next track in list after an error has occurred with the current track
- queue: next_if_error config setting
- mixer: --mix didn't work
- .m4a write: support conversion from .mp3 (inaccurate audio length)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware