Light Alloy - is a completely free, compact multimedia player. It supports all popular multimedia formats. Player is optimized for quick launch and minimum load of the system resources. The main feature - it is very easy in use but at the same time has lots of configuration settings. Like fast video rewind, load subtitles, make bookmarks in the list or on the timeline, preview window on timeline, select audio tracks and subtitles in multilingual films, minimize to tray, infrared remote control (WinLIRC), make screenshots. The brightness/contrast/saturation of the image van be adjust, it supports multimedia keyboards and has full support for DVD/Blu-ray and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
Light Alloy features:
- Built-in video/audio codecs (but still can be configured to use system codecs), as well as custom codecs for the selected video formats, has full support for subtitles (with the ability to specify the time shift if the subtitles are behind or ahead); has minimal start time;
- Full support for DVD/Blu-ray and MKV/OGM/MP4 features.
- Support for WinLIRC to control the player remotely..
- Configurable playback speed from 0.1x slow to 32x fast, frame by frame playback, adjustable rewind.
- Volume control, timeline display on the control panel.
- Additional audio features: sound amplification, normalization, audio shift.
- Unrestricted display size with or w/o aspect ratio alignment.
- Audio and video filters configuration.
- Supports playlists with the possibility of placing bookmarks in the playlist or on timeline; can be configured to display or hide the duration, can generate a table from the playlist (for movie collectors), save/load a playlist, get screenshots from the video (including the DVD).
- Drag-n-drop support; saving playing position on player close (to resume later).
- Show detailed info about playing file, copy to clipboard any fields of data or all the info at once.
- Rich reconfigurable mouse keys and keyboard, functional pop-up menu.
- Easy to use media-oriented "add files" dialogue.
- Video settings can be saved per file (brightness, contrast, saturation, sound volume level, the currently loaded subtitle, the currently selected audio track) that are reapplied next time the file is opened.
- Ability to specify a folder to save screenshots, for creating thumbnails and full-size screenshots from the movie.
- Timeline preview function, like on YouTube, with possibility to change preview window size.
Whats new in this version:
- Japanese language for web-site and installer, thanks to Tilt (tiltstr.seesaa.net/)
- Update checker, will notify you via balloon tip in system tray if new version available. Enabled by default.
- "Reverse playtime" option has been moved from Preferences->Interface to Preferences->Keyboard, so now it is a keyboard command and you can set a hotkey.
- Do not write "index.bdmv" in playlist, instead write Blu-ray folder name.
- Now Light Alloy is visible in system tray by default.
- Fixed "index.bdmv" titel for player caption in case of enabled tags formatting.
- LA Dub skin: fixed issues on Windows with Japanese language locale.
- Fixed issue with unicode support on "Reverse playtime" button.
- Fixed other minor issues.
- Subtiles: added support for scaling PGS/DVB subtitles.
- Video decoder: fixed playback of some HEVC videos.
- Audio decoder: fixed converting routines of Int24 to Float.
- MP4: fixed aspect ratio issues with some files.
- MP3: fixed sound corruption after seek.
- Subtitles: fixed loading/parsing SAMI-subtitles.