Today, Stardock released its highly anticipated real-time strategy game, Ashes of the Singularity. Set in a future where humanity has expanded into the stars and is now in conflict for control of key planets in the galaxy, players wage planetary warfare on a massive scale to conquer opponents and control worlds. In Ashes of the Singularity players command vast forces as they fight for control over the galaxy’s most prized resource, Turinium.
“We want to deliver a game that lets players feel like they are fighting a planetary war, not just a battle,” said CEO and President of Stardock, Brad Wardell.
The game includes a story-driven campaign called the Ascendancy Wars, a variety of single player scenarios, dozens of maps for skirmishes, the first multi-core RTS game AI, co-op and competitive multiplayer modes, and much more.
"As cool as the technology in Ashes of the Singularity is, our goal is to introduce a new generation of gamers to real-time strategy games," said Wardell, adding;
"For us, that means a game that has long-term replayability both in single player and multiplayer, has good modding support, continuous free updates for our customers, seamless multiplayer either in ranked matches or in comp stomps with friends, and can evolve over the coming months and years."
Ashes of the Singularity has some notable features, including:
- Massive numbers of units in the world that can be easily organized into armies, allowing players to fight wars across several different fronts simultaneously.
- The world's first multi-core real-time AI allowing for a non-cheating AI that can beat most players.
- A story-driven campaign that tells the story of a post-singularity Earth and its expansion into the stars.
- Strong modding support so players can create and share their own takes on gameplay.
- Ranked and custom multiplayer modes with an active multiplayer community.
- The future-proofed Nitrous 3D engine whose 64-bit, multi-core foundation supports DirectX 11, DirectX 12, and multiple GPUs.
Ashes of the Singularity is now available on Steam or through Stardock. For more information about Ashes of the Singularity, please visit www.ashesofthesingularity.com or check out the gallery below for some screenshots.
Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock.