Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is a free and open-source video and audio player for Windows. MPC-HC is based on the original Guliverkli project and contains many additional features and bug fixes. MPC-HC isn’t flashy but it works with nearly any media format. MPC-HC uses DXVA technology to pass decoding operations to your modern video card, enhancing your viewing experience. And MPC-HC supports both physical and software DVDs with menus, chapter navigation, and subtitles.
This is an unofficial build. It is based on the latest source code of the official project, plus several additional fixes and improvements. And most importantly, it includes the very latest version of LAV Filters!
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs. It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4. MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV.
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.9.9 release notes:
- Updated LAV Filters to 0.74.1-92-g88da5
- Added video preview functionality to the seekbar. You can enable this in: Options > Tweaks. For performance reasons, preview is only shown in case of local file playback. It is disabled for online streams and spinning discs. To avoid interference with the main video playback, preview does not use hardware accelerated decoding. Don't enable preview if you have a slow computer that already struggles with normal video playback.
- Added menu entries and hotkeys for toggling shaders on/off
- Added support for CUE sheets
- Increased default value for number of recent files that is remembered from 20 to 40
- Reduced minimum allow playback rate from 0.125x to 0.05x
- Some seeking improvements. Unprocessed seeks can no longer queue up when seeking is slow.
- The internal audio renderer can now fallback to default audio device if it fails to initialize the output device that is selected in the options
- Fixed some issues with parsing M3U playlists
- Fixed issue with opening online .asx playlist
- Fixed GDI resource leak in dark theme
- Fixed hang with MPC Video Renderer if max subpic texture size was set to VIDEO
- Fixed automatic metadata based rotation with MPC Video Renderer
- Several crash fixes
- Several other small fixes and improvements
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware