Microsoft announced the PowerToys version 0.18 release during Build which brought with it some interesting new features such as the Keyboard Remapper and Run. The Run feature aims to replace the Win+R shortcut for power users and brings with it a Spotlight-like experience that is found on Mac. The firm then released a bug fixing update, bumping the tool up to version 0.18.1.
Today, the Redmond giant is releasing version 0.18.2 to users, adding a few more bug fixes. These fixes include improvements to the Run feature, especially for the problem that resulted in searches not finding some apps such as File Explorer or Windows Terminal. Additionally, this release also fixes the issue where opening Run with elevated administrator privileges would cascade into the apps also opening with elevated privileges. The issue with Notepad and Notepad++ showing up twice is partially fixed.
Here is the list of the fixes in today's update:
- #3223 - [Launcher, Tracker] doesn't find some apps (file explorer, windows terminal,...)
- #3180 - PowerToys run shows Notepad en Notepad++ twice
- This is partially fixed, will be fully fixed in 0.19
- #3599 - Does not find Evernote
- #3532 - No camera in run
- #3215 - When PowerToys is running as administrator, everything Run launches is also ran as administrator
- #3646 - PowerToys Run shows no files or folders when running in admin mode
Additionally, the release notes add that this version was built off the stable branch and that the master branch has additional work being done. Those that want to download the latest version of the tool can head to the release page here on GitHub. You can also head to the issues page for a list of open issues and commits for the fixes.