The Lumia 640 was one of our favorite devices of 2015, thanks to a compelling blend of impressive performance and solid specs for a surprisingly low price. In recent weeks, the 640 has been on sale in the United States for $59.99, but it's just become even more affordable, thanks to a 20% discount at Best Buy.
The retailer is currently offering the Lumia 640 for just $47.99 off-contract (albeit locked to AT&T), a $12 savings on its regular price - and it's even offering free shipping.
The handset's key specs include:
- 5-inch ClearBlack IPS LCD with HD (1280x720px) resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD support up to 128GB)
- Backside illuminated 8MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording
- 0.9MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens and 720p video
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, magnetometer and SensorCore
- Replaceable 2500mAh battery
- 141.3 x 72.2 x 8.8mm; 145g
The Lumia 640 may not be available for much longer - the newer Lumia 650 will reportedly be unveiled on February 1, so we'll probably see more of these deals popping up in the coming weeks as retailers clear out inventory of the older device.
Source: Best Buy