mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
mIRC 7.69 changelog:
- Added per server options for SSL certificate, logon settings, and server encoding.
- Added support for numeric 005 UTF8ONLY token.
- Added support for IRCv3 echo-message.
- Added support for IRCv3 005 numeric BOT=b mode token.
- Added support for various WATCH list numerics for the notify list.
- Changed CAP request on connect to speed up server logon.
- Changed servers list in connect dialog to group named servers together.
- Changed channels favorites location to channels.ini file to allow easier updates.
- Changed use of Windows media library to play sounds more smoothly.
- Fixed Aero theme colors under Windows 11.
- Fixed nested while loops continue bug.
- Fixed options dialog not freeing memory when closed.
- Updated OpenSSL library to v1.1.1q.
- Updated CA root certificates cacert.pem file.
- For a full list of recent changes, please see the versions.txt file.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware