Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Whats new in Notepad++ 6.6.8:
- Settings on cloud - Google Drive.
- Fix Settings on cloud - OneDrive detection error.
- Make internal docking dialogs apply the selected themes background and foreground colours.
- Fix the bug that "backslash is escape char for SQL" setting is not saved correctly.
- Fix the bug that user cannot disable "backslash is SQL escape char" without restarting.
- Fix DocMaps syntax highlighting doesnt update while current doc apply a new syntax highlighting.
- Add 2 new plugins APIs: NPPM_GETEDITORDEFAULTBACKGROUNDCOLOR & NPPM_GETEDITORDEFAULTFOREGROUNDCOLOR
- Add new notification NPPN_SNAPSHOTDIRTYFILELOADED to notify plugins that a snapshot dirty file is loaded on startup.