PicoTorrent is designed to be a tiny, easy-to-use BitTorrent client with low memory usage for Windows (Vista and above). No ads, carefully selected features, and a native user interface integrating seamlessly with your desktop. PicoTorrent is built directly on the Windows APIs which means that it is native looking on all Windows versions. PicoTorrent is built on libtorrent which is a high performance BitTorrent library used by several of the most popular BitTorrent clients.
PicoTorrent portable requires manual installation of the Visual C++ 2017 redistributable.
At a glance:
- Strong encryption with support for tunneling via I2P, SOCKS4, SOCKS5 and HTTP(S)
- Works with both IPv4 and IPv6
- Multi-lingual user interface
Supports DHT, PeX, LSD, UPnP.
Geo IP lookups based on libmaxminddb.
(Azureus-style) peer ID: -PI-. Example: -PI0151- (major: 0, minor: 15, patch: 1).
User agent: PicoTorrent/x.y.z.
Native look-and-feel across Windows versions.
Easy to use with high performance.
- Free, open source, with a great community
PicoTorrent 0.19 notable changes:
Reduced file size by a significant amount.
A brand new About dialog which showcases dependencies and their versions. Sweet!
More information in the Overview panel.
Better preferences page for listen interfaces.
An experimental C API.
PicoTorrent 0.20.0 changelog:
- Rasterbar-libtorrent has been updated to 2.0. This adds real v2 and v1+v2 hybrid torrent support. Yay! (#863, #874, #883, #884)
- Fixed a bug when displaying Cyrillic characters. (#865)
- Removed the minimum size constraint. PicoTorrent can now be resized freely. (#866)
- Added GitVersion to automagically version everything. No more VERSION.txt juggling. (#868)
- Updated the C++ redistributable version downloaded when installing. (#869)
- Added empty columns to the list views to prevent the last column from stretching. (#875)
- Activating the torrent selection (either double clicking or pressing Enter) will open the paths in Explorer. (#877)
- Updated Russian translations - thanks @birkoffe! (#878, #881)
- Fixed a bug where the status bar didn't place itself correctly when restoring from the taskbar. (#880)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware