Rare's open-world pirate adventure game received another update today, bringing along a slew of changes as well as bug fixes. The Sea of Thieves 1.0.5 update weighs in around 1.3GB, and is already available for download for both Windows 10 and the Xbox One family of consoles.
As for the changes, the message that was pinned on the Ferry of the Damned in update 1.0.3 with advice on how to scuttle ships has been rewritten to give better instructions. Also, instruments will no longer play the same shanty twice in a row when pirates are flipping through songs to find their favorite.
Meanwhile, the ammo boxes on both the galleon and the sloop have been moved to better positions, possibly due to the complaints from the community about accidentally selecting the armory box when trying to restock on ammo.
Lastly, all UI elements should now fade in when being opened, and contents of the Vanity & Clothing Chest will "load gracefully when browsing."
In addition to further server crash fixes and a fix for a "potential client deadlock when encountering a networking error," here are the resolved issues in update 1.0.5:
- Resolved issues where Skeleton Fort or Bounty Quest Skeletons failed to spawn correctly.
We have been resolving these spawning issues across the last 2 updates (1.0.3, 1.0.4), however with this update (1.0.5) we have now resolved all known reported spawning issues. If you find any further problem islands, please log a Support Ticket noting the island and we will investigate further.
- Players will no longer be stuck with a single weapon slot and players weapon choice will now also persist across sessions.
Players who were experiencing the Single Weapon Slot issue will now be resolved as soon as they load into game. No more early visits to the Ferryman required!
- Ships will no longer ping up into the sky when sinking.
In loving memory of the sky ships. This was our favourite!
- [PC] Push to talk option will no longer reset to default (disabled) between sessions.
- "You Can Always Trust The Untrustworthy" achievement can now be unlocked.
- Kraken is no longer able to spawn around rocks.
- Kraken tentacle should always be visible when holding a player.
- Pocket watch should no longer display as closed when being shown to another player.
- Skeletons and animals should no longer despawn when players climb in and out of the cannon.
- Rogue Sea Dog Trousers and Royal Sovereign Trousers should now unlock when the requirements are met.
- Lore Item descriptions are now localised.
- Reduced popping of UI in Quick Menu.
- It is no longer possible to clip through the ship when jumping on the Banana Barrel.
- Wrong company icon is no longer incorrectly displayed for a split second if user is trying to get XP from 2 different companies.
- It is no longer possible to drop behind the bar and get stuck in the Pirate Hideout.
- Updates to incorrect NPC dialogue lines.
- Getting into a cannon then getting back out should no longer skip the Tutorial.
- Players just outside the inky murk will now hear Kraken fight audio when it attacks other ships.
- Resolved issue where players could hear repeating audio SFX.
- Resolved issue where Gunpowder kegs could spawn outside of player reach.
And here are the known issues:
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in game. If you still cannot find your items in game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to reset your pirate to your original selection. If you have experienced this bug, please ensure you have logged a Support Ticket for this issue.
- Players may encounter a grey screen when launching the game.
- Players are experiencing delayed achievements and commendations from in-game actions.
We are working on a way for our Customer Support team to re-award these achievements and commendations back to players.
Rare revealed earlier this month that the first major content update for Sea of Thieves, titled The Hungering Deep, is slated for early May, so we could see that arrive alongside next week's update. But in the meantime, the studio teased some upcoming cosmetic items heading for the game with a screenshot, seen above.