Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client (mailer, MUA). Sylpheed runs on Unix-like systems such as Linux, BSD, and Mac OS X. It also supports Windows. Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended). Sylpheed is a free software distributed under the GNU GPL (the library part is GNU LGPL). You can freely use, modify and redistribute it under the license.
Sylpheed has the following features:
* Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
* Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
* Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
* Lightweight operation
* High reliability
* Internationalization and Multilingualization support
* High-level Japanese processing
* Various protocols support
* Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
* Powerful filtering and search
* Junk mail control
* Flexible cooperation with external commands
What's New in Sylpheed 2.4.0 beta 2
* The toolbar was rewritten with new API.
* 'Prev', 'Print', 'Address', 'Prefs', and 'Account' was added to the main toolbar, and 'Prefs' and 'Account' was added to the compose toolbar.
* The overflow menu for toolbar was added.
* The width of toolbar buttons was reduced when the labels are displayed.
* The option to place toolbar labels at the right of icons was added, and it became the default.
* The bug that the window was kept being skipped from window list after it became visible with window shading or switching workspaces was fixed.
* Some of the UI labels are modified.
* Unix: Symbolic links are now also scanned when scanning MH folders.