This Weekend's PC Game Deals is a roundup of games - old, new, or soon to be released - that are available at a great price and can be activated on Steam, Origin, or Uplay - sometimes even good old games that are DRM-free.
Origin is back to giving away timeless classics, and this time they’re offering Syberia II to those interested in third-person, mouse-driven puzzle adventures. All you need is an Origin account, and the Origin client, and depending on your region, you may get Theme Hospital instead. Both games have low system requirements, so grabbing the offer is a no-brainer.
We live in an era where many good games are eclipsed by those backed by big publishers. The “Humble Monthly” subscription is a good way for passionate gamers to discover hand-picked indie games and timeless classics. For $12 you get several titles, including a AAA game – this month’s offer is The Witness, which is a critically-acclaimed, endless maze of puzzles that breaks the mold.
There are a number of other perks to Humble Monthly, such as indie games developed exclusively for subscribers, a 10% discount on purchases from the Humble Store, and the fact that 5% of the proceeds go to a charity. If you’re wondering, the previous Humble Monthly package included: Total War: WARHAMMER, Poly Bridge, Space Run Galaxy, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Flat Heroes, RIVE, Morphblade, and Uurnog.
If you are a fan of zombie games and pixel graphics, then you should definitely grab Zombie Night Terror for free. It’s not your typical survival game, where you have to escape the pandemic – instead you are guiding the zombie apocalypse, and must ensure that humanity is wiped off the planet. To take advantage of this offer, you can use your Twitch Prime account, or sign up for a free trial here. Do hurry, for the hordes of undead won’t survive much longer without your brain.
If the previous promotions weren't enough, we’ve also hand-picked some of the best deals on PC games that you can find across all online stores. Some of them are flash sales, so act quickly if you don’t want to miss them. Also, if you happen to be looking for console games as well, check out the list of Xbox games that you can grab with Gold.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Season Pass Edition – Contrary to the fast-paced action of games like Call of Duty, this one will force you to calculate your every move, blend in the environment, and do a lot of damage with carefully placed, surgical shots from your trusty sniper rifle. The developers have also made this entry more like open-world games such as the Far Cry series, which means that you can tackle your objectives as a special ops sniper during the Georgian civil war in the order of your choosing, instead of following a scripted series of missions.
If you are a Sniper Ghost Warrior veteran, or are looking for an alternative to the Call of Duty’s and the Battlefields of the world, you can pre-order the Season Pass Edition (a.k.a the non-ask-you-later-for-more-money-edition) for $39.64 (about €36.88/£31.99) from Games Planet.
Syberia 3 – In the era of release-now-patch-later, Microids has chosen to make sure that it comes out as polished as possible, even though this means a delay of several months – which makes this worth pre-ordering, if only to encourage more publishers to do the same. Syberia 3 is a continuation of Kate Walker’s adventures in Europe and Russia, and can be pre-ordered for only $31.99 (€29.79/£25.79) from DLGamer.
Prey – It’s the year 2032, you wake up aboard a space station that is orbiting the moon, and you must use everything you can scavenge from the station in order to survive hostile aliens that are hunting you at every corner. As you progress, you uncover the story of your past, and an experiment that was meant to alter humanity forever. You can pre-order Prey from Game Billet for $42.99 (€39.99/£34.69).
There are a number of popular AAA titles on sale, but we’ve only selected a few of them that are currently priced near or below their historical low:
- NieR: Automata - $48.15 at Game Billet
- Sniper Elite 4 – $46.79 at Gamers Gate
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI – $44.99 at DLGamer
- Resident Evil VII - $38.99 at Game Billet
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided- $35.99 on DLGamer
- Quantum Break - $29.99 at Bundle Stars
- Grand Theft Auto V - $29.99 at WinGameStore
- Shadow Warrior 2 – $28.99 at Game Billet
- XCOM 2 Digital Deluxe Edition - $25.99 at Game Billet
- Borderlands Triple Pack (1,2 and The Pre-Sequel)- $22.17 on Steam
- DOOM - $19.99 at DLGamer
- ANNO 2205 - $19.99 on Uplay
- Fallout 4 – $18.99 at DLGamer
- Mafia II - $17.99 at WinGameStore
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst - $16.09 at Games Planet
- Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - $15.99 at DLGamer
- Far Cry 4 - $14.99 on Amazon
- Watch_Dogs Complete Edition - $14.99 on Uplay
- Bioshock Collection (you get the remastered versions)- $14.99 on Steam
- Saints Row and Metro Redux - $13.74 at IndieGala
- SUPERHOT - $12.49 at WinGameStore
- Grim Dawn - $12.49 on Steam
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete Edition - $10.99 on Game Billet
- Mass Effect Trilogy - $10.55 at Games Planet
- Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition - $10.55 at Games Planet
- Alien Isolation Collection - $10.55 at Games Planet
- Tropico 5 Complete Collection – $9.99 at Bundle Stars
- Borderlands The Pre-Sequel - $9.89 on Game Billet
- THIEF - $8.05 at Games Planet
- GRID 2 - $7.49 at Bundle Stars
- Anno 2070 Complete Edition - $7.49 on Uplay
- Cities: Skylines - $7.49 at Humble Bundle
- Mafia II Digital Deluxe Edition - $6.49 at Game Billet
- Dishonored Definitive Edition - $6.99 at DLGamer
- Batman: Arkham Knight - $5.99 at Bundle Stars
- Aliens vs. Predator Collection - $5.99 on Humble Store
- Max Payne 3 - $5.99 at WinGameStore
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves – an unconventional, brain-teasing game from Artifice Studio, that features a mix of tower defense and strategy elements – which is now free on Steam. In this indie gem you take control of one of the two O’Carroll brothers who must protect their sister from folkloric creatures and spirits that have come to claim her. The graphics are a little rough, but Eurogamer thinks the gameplay is rewarding despite such shortcomings, which are mostly due to a limited budget.
The Expendabros – A ridiculously fun crossover between the famous Broforce and the infamous The Expendables 3, and also one of the few indie games on Steam with over 10000 positive reviews. It’s free, so you have no excuse not to try it. You can also buy it for $13.99 if you want to support the developer.