Weekend PC Game Deals is where the hottest gaming deals from all over the internet are gathered into one place, every week, for your consumption. So kick back, relax, and hold on to your wallets.
Last week, Epic revealed its plans for its next giveaway as usual, with Figment and Tormentor X Punisher slated to be free. But when the time finally came, an additional game was added to the pile: World War Z.
So now you can free grab copies of the cooperative zombie horde slaying experience World War Z, the surreal action-adventure game Figment, and the action game where everything dies in one hit (including you) Tormentor X Punisher.
You can add these freebies to your library until April 2, which is when Gone Home and Hob will take their places as the next free games.
Ubisoft also entered the freebie department this week, with it giving away Child of Light via Uplay. However, this is ending in a few hours so you don't have much time to grab a copy. Head over to our Big Deals section below to catch some other freebies too.
You get to choose between some well-received indie games in Humble's latest Award Winners bundle. The triple-tiered bundle offers six indie games in total, and as expected by the name, all of them have awards under their belt.
Dropping at least $1 gets you Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor and Simulcra. Bumping up to the Pay More Than Average tier, which is currently at around $7, will expand your collection to include Yoku's Island Express and Quadrilateral Cowboy.
Finally, the $15 tier adds on three additional games, them being Owlboy, Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption, and Yuppie Psycho. Don't forget that the store's Capcom and Just Drive bundles are still available as well, though with less than a week left on their counters.
As March is nearing its end, Humble is prepping its next Choice bundle. The current Choice selections are being refreshed next week, so you don't have much time to decide on the games you want if you're interested in the offerings. Here are all the games in the selection pile for March:
The usual pricing scheme still applies, $14.99 for three games or $19.99 for nine games, while Humble Monthly legacy members with active subscriptions can grab 10 games for $12. You have until April 3 to grab any of the mentioned tiers.
There's a new selection of games you can try out for free during these self-isolating times this weekend. Kicking the free weekends off is Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Ubisoft's latest cooperative open-world tactical shooter that you can try out over at Uplay.
However, Steam is where you will find a whole load of games that have gone free-to-play temporarily. Until April 1, 10AM PT, you can play the entire catalog of the developer Behemoth, which include Battleblock Theater, Castle Crashers, and Pit People. All three games have split-screen and online co-op facilities.
Also having a free weekend on Steam are the massively popular - but quite different - simulation titles Cities: Skylines and Kerbal Space Program, which are joined by the multiplayer shooter Insurgency: Sandstorm, fantasy 4X strategy game Endless Legend, and the open-world hunting title theHunter: Call of the Wild.
Alongside all those freebies and free events, there is still quite a lot of games on discount this weekend. See below for our handpicked list of deals:
- Tropico 6 – $29.99 on Steam
- GreedFall – $29.99 on Steam
- EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5 – $29.99 on Steam
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER – $29.99 on Steam
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition – $22.49 on Steam
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown – $20.99 on IndieGala
- Rust – $19.99 on Steam
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive – $19.58 on Steam
- Rage 2 – $17.99 on Steam
- DiRT Rally 2.0 – $15.99 on Steam
- Skater XL - Early Access – $15.89 on Fanatical
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY Edition – $14.99 on Steam
- Blair Witch – $14.99 on Steam
- RESIDENT EVIL 2 – $14.99 on GamesPlanet
- FEAR Complete Pack – $13.74 on Steam
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War – $13.20 on GreenManGaming
- Assassin's Creed Origins – $12.59 on GameBillet
- Hand of Fate 2 – $11.99 on Steam
- Pit People – $11.99 on Steam
- Rocket League – $9.99 on Steam
- Yakuza Kiwami – $9.99 on Humble Store
- Endless Space 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition – $9.99 on Steam
- I Expect You To Die VR – $9.99 on Humble Store
- To The Top VR – $9.99 on Steam
- Pummel Party – $9.89 on Steam
- Space Pirate Trainer VR – $8.99 on Steam
- Arma 3 – $8.99 on Steam
- Endless Legend – $7.49 on Steam
- Elite: Dangerous – $7.49 on Steam
- Kerbal Space Program – $6.99 on IndieGala
- Victor Vran: Overkill Edition – $6.99 on GamesPlanet
- Garry's Mod – $4.99 on Steam
- Cities: Skylines – $4.99 on WinGameStore
- Yakuza 0 – $4.99 on Humble Store
- Mount & Blade: Warband – $4.99 on Humble Store
- Nidhogg – $3.99 on Steam
- Mad Max – $3.99 on Steam
- Death's Gambit – $3.99 on Steam
- SteamWorld Heist – $3.74 on Steam
- Dungeon Siege Collection – $2.99 on Steam
- Castle Crashers – $2.99 on Steam
- BattleBlock Theater – $2.99 on Steam
- Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition – $1.99 on Steam
- Bejeweled 3 – $1.99 on Steam
- Peggle Deluxe – $1.99 on Steam
- Zuma's Revenge! – $1.99 on Steam
- Poly Bridge – $1.50 on Steam
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack – $1 on Fanatical
- Between Two Castles - Digital Edition – $0 on Steam
- Drawful 2 – $0 on Steam
- GOAT OF DUTY – $0 on Steam
- 100% Orange Juice – $0 on Steam
- Figment – $0 on Epic Store
- Tormentor X Punisher – $0 on Epic Store
- World War Z – $0 on Epic Store
- 200% Mixed Juice! – $0 on Steam
- Barro – $0 on Steam
- HELLION – $0 on Steam
The GOG Spring Sale only has a few days left on its promotion, ending on March 30. Alongside thousands of discounts, there is a new goodies giveaway too, filled with art books, soundtracks, and other bonuses from popular games like Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Neverwinter Nights. Finally, we have a new selection of discounted DRM-free games highlighted from the sale for your perusing below:
- Disco Elysium - $29.99 on GOG
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition - $23.99 on GOG
- Kenshi - $20.99 on GOG
- Dying Light: The Following – Enhanced Edition - $17.99 on GOG
- Wolfenstein: The Two Pack - $14.99 on GOG
- BioShock Infinite Complete Edition - $13.74 on GOG
- Stardew Valley - $11.99 on GOG
- Supraland - $10.99 on GOG
- SUPERHOT - $9.99 on GOG
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - $9.99 on GOG
- Mafia - $9.99 on GOG
- Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut - $6.79 on GOG
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - $5.99 on GOG
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - $5.99 on GOG
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - $5.99 on GOG
- Legend of Grimrock - $5.99 on GOG
- Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition - $4.99 on GOG
- Overcooked: Gourmet Edition - $4.99 on GOG
- Crysis Warhead - $4.99 on GOG
- Panzer General 2 - $3.39 on GOG
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six - $3.39 on GOG
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon - $3.39 on GOG
- Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete - $2.49 on GOG
- F.E.A.R. Platinum - $2.49 on GOG
- Disciples 2 Gold - $1.99 on GOG
- Syndicate Plus - $1.49 on GOG
Keep in mind that availability and pricing for some deals may vary depending on the region you're in.
And that is it for our pick of this weekend's PC game deals folks, and hopefully, some of you have enough self-restraint to not add even more games to your growing backlogs this season. Of course, there is an enormous amount of more deals ready and waiting all over the internet if you comb through it hard enough, so keep your eyes open for those, and stay inside.