If you are like many of the readers of Neowin, you likely downloaded the technical preview of Windows 10. If you did not, you can go here for the direct download links for both flavors of the OS.
While there are many new features like virtual desktops and the Start menu making its return, for keyboard lovers out there, Microsoft is also introducing six new keyboard shortcuts to take advantage of the new features.
All of the new shortcuts are posted below:
- Snapping window: WIN + LEFT or RIGHT (can be used with UP or DOWN to get into quadrants)
- Switch to recent window: ALT + TAB (unchanged) – Hold shows new Task view window view, let go and switches to app.
- Task view: WIN + TAB – New Task view opens up and stays open.
- Create new virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + D
- Close current virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + F4
- Switch virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT
All of these new shortcuts work in the technical preview and knowing that the company will be adding more new features to Windows 10, we would expect that more shortcuts will be available in the final build of Windows.