WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.15 changelog:
- Translations updated: Brazilian Portuguese, Farsi, French, German and Icelandic.
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.71.
- Bug fix: Back-propagated SSH security fixes from PuTTY 0.71. 1729 vuln-rng-reuse vuln-rsa-kex-integer-overflow
- Bug fix: Reloading file in internal editor can cause unwanted upload of partially reloaded file. 1728
- Bug fix: Failure when starting any (local) batch file operation with no session opened.
- Bug fix: Command to create/edit a local shortcut was disabled with no session opened.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware