AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.
AIMP 4.70.2248 changelog:
- Sound Engine: TrueHD codec support has been added for MKA container
- Tag editor: an ability to import lyrics form the SRT file format to file tags
- Playlist: the "%inc" and "%dec" macros has been added
- Playlist: the %StrLeft and %StrRight macros now supports a string values for second argument
- Music Library: The "find missed files" algorithm has been improved
- Music library: performance has been increased
- Fixed: sound engine - WAV files with 8-bit samples cannot be played
- Fixed: playlist - the "you cannot open the destination" error occurs on invoking the "Save As" dialog if playlist name contains a ":" character
- Fixed: music library - synchronization at app startup skips formats of audio files which are supported by plugins
- Fixed: music library - the "synchronize user defined rating with tags of audio file" does not affect to file import operation
- Fixed: music library - records not aligned to grid during list scrolling via mouse wheel
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware