FastStone Capture is a powerful, lightweight, yet full-featuredscreen capture tool and screen video recorder. It allows you to easily capture and annotate anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular / freehand / fixed regions as well as scrolling windows / web pages. It also allows you to record all screen activities including onscreen changes, speech from microphone, mouse movements and clicks into highly compressed video files. You can choose to send captures to editor, file, clipboard, printer, email, Word / PowerPoint document or upload them to your website. Editing tools include annotating (texts, arrowed lines, highlights), resizing, cropping, sharpening, watermarking, applying edge effects and many more. Other features include image scanning, global hotkeys, automatic filename generation, support for external editors, a color picker, a screen magnifier, a screen crosshair and a screen ruler.
FastStone Capture saves images in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF and PDF formats.
FastStone Capture also allows you to record screen activities, speech from microphone, mouse movements and clicks into highly compressed WMV video files (Windows Media Video format). A built-in video editor allows you to draw annotations, apply zoom effects and cut unwanted sections. It even allows you to convert video files to animated gif files.
FastStone Capture features:
- A small handy Capture Panel that provides quick access to its capture tools and output options
- Global hotkeys to activate screen capturing instantly
- Capture windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand regions and scrolling windows/web pages
- Capture multiple windows and objects including multi-level menus
- Record screen activities including onscreen changes, speech from microphone, mouse movements and clicks into highly compressed video files (Windows Media Video format). A built-in video editor allows you to draw annotations, apply zoom effects and cut unwanted sections. It even allows you to convert video files to animated gif files.
- Options to specify output destination (internal editor, clipboard, file, printer ...)
- Draw annotation objects such as texts, arrowed lines, highlights, watermarks, rectangles and circles
- Apply effects such as drop-shadow, frame, torn-edge and fade-edge
- Add image caption
- Resize, crop, rotate, sharpen, brighten, adjust colors ...
- Support tabs that allow you to capture and edit multiple screenshots simultaneously
- Support external editors
- Save in BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF and PDF formats
- Acquire images from scanner
- Convert images to a multi-page PDF file
- Join images side by side to produce a single image file
- Send captured images by email
- Send captured images to Word and PowerPoint documents
- Send captured images to a Web (FTP) server
- Screen Color Picker
- Screen Magnifier
- Screen Crosshair
- Screen Ruler
- Support multiple monitors
- Support touch interface (tap, swipe, pinch)
- Run when Windows starts (optional)
- Minimize to System Tray area
- Small footprint in memory
- And many more ...
FastStone Capture 9.1 changelog:
Added a Clone tool (press C key to open) to the internal editor
Added more preset colors for text boxes in Draw
During rectangular region capture, you can switch corners by pressing Tab key
Improved support for touch screens and high-resolution screens
Improved compatibility with various scanners
Improved number and letter stamps
Optimized Window / Object capture
In the editor, press Ctrl+S to open Save dialog, press Ctrl+S again to confirm (No need to click Save button)
Many other minor improvements and bug fixes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware