fmedia is a fast asynchronous media player/recorder/converter for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. It provides smooth playback and recording even if devices are very slow. It's highly customizable and can be easily extended with additional plugins. Its low CPU & memory consumption saves energy when running on a notebook's battery.
Play or convert audio files, record new audio tracks from microphone, save songs from Internet radio, and much more! fmedia is free and open-source project, and you can use it as a standalone application or as a library for your own software.
fmedia can decode: .mp3, .ogg (Vorbis, Opus), .opus, .m4a/.mp4 (AAC, ALAC, MPEG), .mka/.mkv (AAC, ALAC, MPEG, Vorbis), .avi (AAC, MPEG), .aac, .mpc, .flac, .ape, .wv, .wav.
fmedia can encode into: .mp3, .ogg, .opus, .m4a (AAC), .flac, .wav.
fmedia 1.28 changelog:
- TUI: new commands:
- E: Remove "dead" items from playlist
- L: Save current playlist to the system's temporary directory
- r: "Choose random track" setting: on/off
- x: Remove the track from playlist and play next track
- UI: react faster to seek requests
- GUI: use separate language files
- GUI: Italian language
- GUI: "List->Read Meta Tags" didn't work
- Windows: minimum required version is now Vista
- .mp3 --stream-copy: improve seeking accuracy
- .cue: support for all containers (except .avi and .caf)
Download: fmedia 1.28 (64-bit) | 2.5 MB (Open Source)
View: fmedia Home Page | Project Page @GitHub
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment