LibreCAD is a free Open Source personal CAD application for Windows, Apple and Linux. LibreCAD is a comprehensive, 2D CAD application that you can download and install for free. There is a large base of satisfied LibreCAD users worldwide, and it is available in more than 20 languages and for all major operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva, Suse, ...). It can read DXF and DWG files and can write DXF, PDF and SVG files. You can download, install and distribute LibreCAD freely, with no fear of copyright infringement.
LibreCAD is a feature-packed and mature 2D-CAD application with some really great advantages:
- It's free – no worry about license costs or annual fees.
- No language barriers – it's available in a large number of languages, with more being added continually.
- GPLv2 public license – you can use it, customize it, hack it and copy it with free user support and developer support from our active worldwide community and ou experienced developer team.
- LibreCAD is an Open Source community-driven project: development is open to new talent and new ideas, and our software is tested and used daily by a large and devoted user community; you, too, can get involved and influence its future development.
About 4800 commits have been made since the last stable version 2.1.3. Too much to go into detail.
So here are a few notable changes in the new version 2.2.0:
- many causes of crashes have been eliminated
- eliminated DWG issues in libdxfrw, which caused several crashes
- the performance of panning and zooming in large files has been significantly improved
- the undo/redo engine has been completely revised due to several problems
- adjustments for new compiler and Qt versions were required
- extension of the command line, multi-line commands, paste and open command files
- improvement of the print preview, with tiled printing and line widths adjustment
- multiple selection and bulk actions in block and layer lists
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware