Personal Backup is a program for saving personal data to any destination folder. This folder may be located on a local fixed or removable drive, on a Windows network server or on an FTP server. You can configure and store as many backup tasks as you wish. The selection of the files to be backed up is made on a by-folder basis. All subfolders are included automatically, but the user can exclude or include any subdirectories from or in the backup by selection or by filter. Additional criteria are the selection by file type, file age and/or file name filter.
Performing the backup can be done manually or automatically. During the backup the program checks whether the file to be saved is newer than one already backed up. Only new files and files with newer timestamps are saved. An alternate criteria is the archive bit of the files. Automatic backups can be started on logon, at a selectable time of day, on logoff or on shutdown. You can make scheduled backups with destination paths changing daily or weekly. For individual schedules it is easy to start a backup using the Windows Task Scheduler and the command line options of the program.
The 32-bit version runs under Windows 7, 8 and 10 (32- & 64-bit), Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003/2008(R2)/2012(R2), the 64-bit only under Windows 7,8 and 10 (64-bit) and Windows Server 2008(R2)/2012(R2).
Version 188.8.131.52 release notes:
- New options for external programs after backup
- PbStarter can run a file manager under a different account
- User adjustable appearance (see 5.8.2) was deactivated because there are problems with automatic backups on logon and shutdown
- Enhancements in PbRestore
- Enhanced notifications after autostart
- Error message on locked directories fixed
- Error on automatic backups on logoff on special days of the week fixed: If only tasks of this kind were active, the program quitted after startup immediately.
- Error in PbRestore on restoring files from schedules fixed
- Error detection on writing to file fixed
- Error in context menus of open file dialog fixed (bug in Delphi libraries fixed by "VCL Styles Utils")
Download: Personal Backup 184.108.40.206 (32 bit) | 15.3 MB (Freeware)
Download: Personal Backup 220.127.116.11 (64 bit) | 16.9 MB
View: Personal Backup Home Page | PB features in detail
1 Comment - Add comment