ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
ScreenToGif 2.21 changelog:
- You can now import Apng's files.
- Option to run the app on startup.
- Option to allow only one instance of the app, switching to the already opened app when trying to open another instance (single instance per user and executable).
- If the SharpDX libraries were not in the same folder as the app, it was not possible to load them.
- The editor window was not receiving focus upon loading.
- Sometime, the button to select a region in the new recorder was not working.
- The Accept/Retry/Cancel controls were not getting positioned correctly when the whole right side of a screen was selected.
- When the folder path of the SharpDX was empty, the options window was displaying an error while checking the external tools.
- The video importer (MediaPlayer) was not respecting the selected scale.
Changes in v2.21.2:
- The app was not being able to load the SharpDX libraries.
- The DirectX capture mode could fail when finishing the capture of a frame.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware