Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview. Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and layout furniture. You may draw the walls of your rooms upon the image of an existing plan, and then, drag and drop furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
Sweet Home 3D features:
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom...
- Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
- While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts and show the North direction with a compass rose.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 18 languages.
Sweet Home 3D 5.5 changelog:
- Made doors and windows always cut out the both sides of the walls to which they are added.
- Prevented opened doors to be deformed when their property doorOrWindowWidthDepthDeformable in a furniture library is set to false.
- Ensured walls created with a double-click on a room don't overlap existing ones.
- Added Plan > Join walls menu item to join selected walls at their intersection or join aligned walls broken in two parts.
- Added the ability to rotate furniture around a horizontal axis with new spinners in furniture modification pane and a new indicator available on a horizontally rotated object (except for doors, windows, staircases and groups).
- Added the horizontallyRotatable property in furniture libraries to prevent some models to rotate around an horizontal axis.
- Added the ability to set the scale of a texture in texture modification pane.
- Replaced 0° / 45° / 90° radio buttons used to rotate a texture by a spinner.
- Allowed decimals in spinners used to enter angles. [full changelog]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware