AIMP is a powerful audio player that allows you to listen to your favorite music with an outstanding sound quality. Its appearance resembles that of another classical audio player (Winamp).
The program includes a 18-band equalizer, a visualization window to display rhythmic visual effects and a playlist editor to organize your audio files. A nice fading effect makes your list of songs look like an endless music loop and a handy volume normalizing feature avoids drastic volume changes between tracks. Also, the players main functions can be conveniently controlled by global hotkeys.
Besides playing music, AIMP features three extra utilities which also enable you to record any sound on your computer, convert audio files from one format to another and view or edit tags. AIMP is based on the well-known audio engine BASS, so its easy to connect new plug-ins (from the plug-in library included in the program) and expand the players functionality.
AIMP 5.01 Build 2350 Beta changelog:
- Skin engine: chapters and bookmarks now displays on seekbar
- Queue manager: double-click on track will focus it in the playlist
- General: migration to new version of VCL
- Tag editor: state of the "Quick Access" node now stores between different work sessions
- Skin engine: potential abilities has been extended
- Plugins: last.fm - reduced number of requests to the service
- Fixed: scheduler - timestamps stores to configuration file in locale-depended format
- Fixed: tag editor - ID3v2 - chapters with an empty title leads to corrupted tag field
- Fixed: tag editor - FLAC - app uses Description tag field instead of Comment tag field
- Fixed: tag editor - online search - discogs - album artist is used instead of track artist
- Fixed: skin engine - syntax error in expression interrupts skin loading
- Fixed: skin engine - minor issues were fixed
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware