AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text. It is designed to be a small and fast. Although AkelPad is written as a text editor, its use of available plugins provides considerably more power than NotePad. AkelPad displays text using a specially designed control, AkelEdit, a replacement for Windows' Rich Edit control, which gives AkelPad additional control over text display and behavior.
- Single window (SDI), multi-window (MDI) and pseudo multi-window modes (PMDI)
- Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Seven)
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF-32BE)
- Support of any codepage installed in the system
- Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats
- Preview file open
- Correct pseudographics displaying
- Column text selection
- Multi-level undo
- Fast search/replace text strings
- Remember file codepage and caret position
- Printing of a document and print preview
- Support of language modules
- Plugins support (syntax highlighting, folding, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).
What's new in this version:
- Added: command 4194 - paste text taking into account selection case.
- Added: optional parameter for change case commands 4175-4180:
- 1 - change case for current word if no selection.
- Added: (?options) possibility to set options for groups individually.
- Added: (?>pattern) atomic grouping.
- Added: possibility to use lookbehind search in conditional pattern, for example, "(?(?<=a)b|c)".
- Added: now "AkelAdmin.exe" provides the ability to modify a file on disk root (UAC).
- Added: to directly open the *.lnk or *.url from file open dialog, need to click on "Open" button while holding Ctrl.
- Fixed: mixing caret and active column colors with background.
- Fixed: metacharacters \w and \W usage in character set .
- Fixed: possibility in file open/save dialog to specify NTFS file stream or path containing backslashes.
- Fixed: "Search finished" not displayed when cycle searching from the document beginning.
- Fixed: flag 4 of manual parameter "ShowModify" - modification displaying disappeared when switching between tabs (PMDI).