In November, Sony began the official rollout of its Android 7.0 Nougat update, starting with the Xperia X Performance. The update has since been released for the Xperia X and Xperia X Compact, and is now being made available to more devices.
The Nougat update has started making its way to select variants of the Xperia Z5 and Z5 Premium, bringing the build number up to 32.3.A.0.372. While the newer Android 7.1.1 update was released by Google last month, Sony is currently upgrading its devices to Android 7.0, which was originally made available by Google five months ago.
Sony's release notes for Android 7.0 update highlight some of the key features that handset owners can look forward to:
- Multi-window support: Multitasking made easy - run two apps simultaneously, double tap to switch between them.
- Longer battery life: Do more for longer, with improved battery life powered by Google & Xperia.
- Messaging: More ways to tell your story with Messaging - share videos and audio with a few taps.
- Front camera interface: Snap selfies easier with the all-new self-timer button.
- Home screen: A smarter and more personal Xperia home screen, with Google Now integration.