Comodo Internet Security is the free, multi-layered security application that keeps hackers out and personal information in.Built from the ground upwards with your security in mind, Internet Security offers 360° protection by combining powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention and automatic sandboxing of unknown files.Unlike the stripped down versions of commercial software that other software vendors offer for free, this is the full, completely functional version of the product.
Main features of Comodo Internet Security:
- Antivirus: Tracks down and destroy any existing malware hiding in a PC.
- Anti-Spyware: Detects spyware threats and destroys each infection.
- Anti-Rootkit: Scans, detects & removes rootkits on your computer.
- Bot Protection: Prevents malicious software turning your PC into a zombie.
- Defense+: Protects critical system files and blocks malware before it installs.
- Auto Sandbox Technology™: Runs unknown files in an isolated environment where they can cause no damage.
- Memory Firewall: Cutting-edge protection against sophisticated buffer overflow attacks.
- Anti-Malware Kills malicious processes before they can do harm.
What's new in this version:
- Viruscope monitors the activities of processes running on your computer and alerts you if they attempt to take suspicious actions. Apart from forming yet another layer of malware detection and prevention, the sub-system represents a valuable addition to the core process-monitoring functionality of the Behavior Blocker by introducing the ability to reverse potentially undesirable actions of software without necessarily blocking the software entirely. This provides more granular control over otherwise legitimate software which requires certain actions to be taken in order to run correctly. Viruscope works using a constantly expanded list of activity ‘recognizers’, which allow the software to detect, block and undo many potentially unwanted actions.
- The new website filtering section gives CIS users a powerful and easy way to allow or block access to specific websites. Website access rules can be created for particular users of your computer, which makes this feature very useful for both home and work environments. For example, parents can block juvenile users from visiting inappropriate websites while companies can prevent employees from visiting leisure sites during working hours. You also have the option to create a log event whenever a user tries to visit a website which is in conflict with a rule. CIS ships with several preset lists (or ‘categories’) of URLs which can be added to rules that you create - including the 'Malicious sites category', the 'Comodo Safe category', the 'Comodo Phishing category' and the 'Comodo Malware category'.
- The CIS user interface features several design and UX enhancements which allow you to accomplish tasks faster while keeping you better informed than ever before. New themes include the bold new ‘Metro’ theme.
- Process Activity Dialog is added.
- Added 'Please call a live expert' balloon message in main GUI when running into 'At Risk' status.
- Virtual Kiosk is renamed to Virtual Desktop
Protected Data Folder
- New data security feature which makes important files completely invisible to programs running in the sandbox. Files placed inside a ‘Protected Data Folder’ cannot be read, accessed or modified by any sandboxed application.
- ~700% Faster Sandbox.
- All CIS Advanced Settings components are now accessible via CisTray menu.
- Windows in 'grid view': Improved file search operation and added 'search completed' notification; added 'Jump to Folder' option; columns now retain their widths as last changed by the user.
- AV Scan results and Rating scan results windows can be viewed in full screen mode.
- CIS UI tooltips now correspond to Windows style.
- More than 300 bugs are fixed