As we noted recently, real estate availability on the now infamous milliondollarhomepage.com is approaching zero. How would you finish what has been a meteoric rise to fame and fortune, online? eBay off the last few pixels, stupid!
The winner of the auction gains a prime spot on the page, which the
owners are guaranteeing will be on the internet for five years but
could be much longer; indeed "
is to keep the site online for decades to come, like a permanent
internet "time capsule" that could one day become a famous piece of
Currently standing at $20,100, the last 1000 pixels are being auctioned off to potential buyers. The site had been offering pixels for $1 per pixel, suggesting they were either previously seriously under-valued or are now significantly over valued - wed go with the former. Indeed, with 9+ days to go, we think it $20,100 is just the start, and it will go a lot, lot higher. So, were going to have a competition for Neowin members. Leave us a comment with
your guess as to what the end price will be, and you could win yourself a very exclusive
Neowin subscription ( click for rules / more details). Best of luck!
View: eBay auction
1. Winner will be picked by the editor, whose decision is final.
2. Last entry must be made 24hrs before end of auction - i.e.
Jan-10-06 10:42:28 PST
3. If eBay close the auction, were closing the competition - sorry!
4. The closest guess to the final price will be the winner.
5. In the event of a tie, the winner will be chosen at random between the closest contestants.
6. All entries should be made in dollars.
The prize on offer is a one year subscription to Neowin; more information as to what this entails can be found here. Alternativley, if you want to help Neowin out, and get a subscription anyway, you can sign up here!