After months of speculation, HTC finally launched the 10, its latest flagship smartphone with a powerful camera and other top specifications. However, the company might only be launching the device in certain countries, with a lesser-specced variant of the smartphone listed on the country's Indian website.
The HTC 10 Lifestyle, as the device is being called, packs less of a punch than its top end sibling and features some serious compromises, which put it in the premium mid-range category rather than a true flagship. You may remember the Snapdragon 652-powered LG G5 or the G5 SE, reportedly headed to Latin countries, and the 10 Lifestyle looks like a similar attempt from HTC.
In comparison to the HTC 10, the 10 Lifestyle uses a mid-range Snapdragon 652 SoC, and the RAM is reduced by 1GB. As the company has retained the high res Quad HD display from the 10, there will be a serious performance drop, as it will have to power the same number of pixels with less firepower.
The complete specifications of the HTC 10 Lifestyle are as follows:
- 5.2-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440) Super LCD5 screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 652, 64-bit octa-core CPU, up to 1.8 GHz
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage expandable to 2TB via MicroSD
- Nano SIM
- USB Type-C connector
- NFC, Bluetooth 4.2
- 12MP (HTC UltraPixel 2 , 1.55 μm pixels) rear camera, laser autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture, Pro mode, Auto-HDR, Zoe Capture, Hyperlapse, 12X Slow motion mode, 4K video recording with Hi-Res Audio
- 5MP (1.34 μm pixels) front-facing camera, autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture with ultra wide angle lens, Live Makeup, Auto-HDR
- HTC Boomsound, Dolby Audio, Hi-res Audio Certified for playback and recording
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3000 mAh non-removable battery
- Android 6 Marshmallow with Sense
The pricing of the 10 Lifestyle is still a mystery, but we should know more about the device once HTC formally announces it in local markets. It also remains to be seen whether the full variant will also be offered to these markets in the future.
Source: HTC India | Image via HTC