Earlier today, Intel launched its Arc DCH graphics driver version 188.8.131.525 for Windows. The new driver brings support for the Arc A730M mobile graphics card, which is a 12GB GDDR6 video card and is one of the fastest Arc models, belonging to the enthusiast Arc 7 lineup. The card has been tested and it appears to be performing close to an RTX 3060 mobile or a Radeon RX 6600M (via 金猪升级包 on Weibo).
Alongside that, the driver also adds support for Sniper Elite 5 on other Arc mobile GPUs. You can find the full release notes below:
- Support for Intel® Arc™ A730M Graphics (Codename Alchemist).
- Intel® Game On Driver support for Sniper Elite 5* on Intel® Arc A350M, A370M, and A730M Graphics.
- Sniper Elite 5* may experience an application crash on some Hybrid Graphics system configurations when Windows® “Graphics Performance Preference” option for the application is not set to “High Performance”.
- Control* and Forza Horizon 5* may experience texture corruption during gameplay.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War* may experience an application crash during gameplay.
- Map textures may fail to load or may load as blank surfaces when playing CrossFire*.
- Some objects and textures in Halo Infinite* may render black and fail to load. Lighting may also appear blurry or over exposed in the multiplayer game menus.
- Guardians of the Galaxy* may exhibit texture corruption on some interactive objects.
- Metro Exodus: Enhanced Edition* may experience minor texture corruption.
Known Issues for Intel® Arc™ Control
- Checking for driver updates or attempting to install driver updates through Intel® Arc™ Control may sometimes cause an “Error Installing Driver” message to appear.
- Smooth Sync is enabled by default when “Application Choice” is selected from the Frame Delivery settings in the Intel® Arc™ Control game settings page.
- The Performance Tuning page in Intel® Arc™ Control may erroneously appear visible or configurable on unsupported platforms. When this occurs, changing settings on this page may throw an error message and/or will not function.
- A Windows® UAC prompt may occur when launching Intel® Arc™ Control.
To download the driver, head over to Intel's official webpage here.