Intel has released a new version of its DCH graphics drivers for Windows 10 devices, bringing the version number up to 18.104.22.16887. In addition to the graphics driver, it also includes three audio drivers: version 10.26.0.9 for 6th-generation Core processors, 10.27.0.9 for 7th-, 8th-, 9th-, and 10th-generation processors, and 22.214.171.124 for 10th-generation processors with Iris Plus graphics.
The driver doesn't have much in the way of new capabilities, and the main highlight is a fix for the color and brightness of the desktop which may change with mouse movement when Display Power Saving Technology is enabled and set to maximum in the Intel Graphics Command Center.
Aside from the added support for more games, such as Gears Tactics, XCOM: Chimera Squad and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered, this driver includes a series of developer highlights listed below:
- This driver is WDDM 2.7 compliant.
- DirectX*12 Shader Model 6.5 compiler support
- DirectX*12 Machine Learning (DirectML) Enhancements
- Dolby Vision Support
- Non-DX API support in Container
- Third-party hardware encoder MFTs in GPU Para virtualization
- OneAPI Level Zero Runtime pre-production release is now included.
Please refer to the specification below.
Level Zero Specification: https://spec.oneapi.com/versions/latest/oneL0/index.html
Despite the fixes, there are still some known issues to be aware of in this release:
- Video playback issues when playing Netflix 4K video content sometimes on HDMI 2.0.
- Intermittent crashes may be seen in Bright Memory* (DX12), Red Dead Redemption 2* (Vulkan), BeamNG.drive*, One Piece Pirate Warriors 4*, Star Control: Origins*, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint* (Vulkan), Metro Exodus* (DX12) and while launching Sony Catalyst Production Suite.
- Minor graphics anomalies may be observed in Battlefield V* (DX12).
As for system requirements, things haven't changed much. Intel Core processors from the 6th generation or newer are supported, as well Pentium and Celeron processors with Intel HD Graphics 500, 505, and 510, as well as Intel UHD Graphics 600 and 605, and Pentium processors with Intel HD Graphics 610. Finally, Intel Xeon E3-1500M processors with Intel HD Graphics P530, P580, and P630 are also supported. The driver also requires Windows 10 version 1709 or newer.