It seems like it was only yesterday when Microsoft announced the official moniker for Project Scorpio, birthing to the world the Xbox One X. In June, Los Angeles will once again host E3 and, by the looks of it, Microsoft is well aware of the position that it is in, and is gearing up to deliver an extraordinary show at E3 2018.
Major Nelson has detailed some of the events that will be happening at this year's show. Per usual, things will kick off with the Xbox E3 briefing that will this year take place at Microsoft Theater. The E3 briefing will take place on Sunday, June 10 at 1pm. This will give excited gamers a look at what is to come with reveals of new titles and also some in-depth looks at some previously announced games.
If you won't be in attendance you'll be able to catch all the action on the Xbox Mixer Channel and the Mixer app on the Xbox One, Windows 10 PCs, and mobile devices. Microsoft is well aware that its audience spreads far and wide, so the Mixer broadcast will be offered in six languages which include English, German, French, Italian, Spanish (LATAM), and Portuguese (LATAM), as well as support for English closed captions. If Mixer isn't your preferred source, you will also be able to enjoy the stream on other services and at your local Microsoft Store.
Microsoft is also changing things up a bit this year, delivering a new show for E3 titled Inside Xbox. The show will air live on June 11 at 3pm and will host exclusive content like announcements, game demonstrations, interviews, giveaways, and more. There will also be more live content on Mixer from June 12 through June 14, with a full schedule to be released in the near future.
Those that are local will be happy to know that Microsoft is once again holding its FanFest event and will be giving away 400 tickets that will give access to:
- Early Check-in: Private check-in and admission to a Fan Rally prior to the Xbox E3 Briefing on Sunday morning.
- Briefing Access: Experience the Xbox E3 Briefing in-person.
- Epic Moments: A “can’t miss” Xbox community event Sunday afternoon.
- Exclusivity: Early access to Xbox’s hottest exclusives and biggest blockbuster games.
- Meet Xbox: Meet and talk with some of gaming’s top developers, leaders and influencers.
- Our Secret Gear Backpack: Full of amazing surprises.
- A Custom Jersey: Since Xbox fans deserve the best apparel to show off their fandom!
Microsoft will also be giving away 1,000 tickets so that fans can enjoy the E3 briefing in person. If interested in either of these opportunities, you can now sign up and keep a look out for future drawing dates. This is a small sample of what is to come so keep checking back for more updates.