While the future of Telltale's The Walking Dead series was a bit shaky until Skybound Entertainment stepped in, Overkill's The Walking Dead development is still chugging along, even though it faced several delays. Today, Skybound, 505 Games, and Starbreeze announced details regarding the game's closed beta, and how can interested players join in.
The closed beta will open its doors on three occasions throughout October, with the first already being up and running right now. According to the developer, the reasoning behind this interval approach was time to give the studio "time to go through players opinions, analyze and make adjustments for future builds."
Here are the exact times for when the closed-beta servers will be online:
- October 9 10:00PST – October 10 23:59PST
- October 9 13:00EST – October 11 03:00EST
- October 9 19:00CEST – October 11 09:00CEST
- October 12 10:00PST – October 15 09:00PST
- October 12 13:00EST – October 15 12:00EST
- October 12 19:00CEST – October 15 18:00CEST
- October 19 10:00PST – October 22 09:00PST
- October 19 13:00EST – October 22 12:00EST
- October 19 19:00CEST – October 22 18:00CEST
Currently, the only way to gain access is through pre-ordering the cooperative shooter, which is now possible via Steam for $59.99. While this version only comes with a single beta key, pre-ordering the $79.99 Deluxe Edition will deliver four beta keys in its package to spread among friends in addition to other perks.
It's entirely possible that the beta will be opened up to everyone when Overkill's The Walking Dead nears its PC release date, which is set for November 6. Meanwhile on Consoles, the game is also heading for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, however, these versions will release on February 8, 2019.