PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
Open and extract 180+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ACE(*), ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP ZIPX - view full list of supported archive file formats for archiving and for extraction.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving - view file compression and decompression benchmarks for more information.
PeaZip is localized in 29 languages and is capable of handling all most popular archive formats (180+ file types), supporting a wide array of advanced file and archive management features (search, bookmarks, thumbnail viewer, find duplicate files and compute hash/checksum value, convert archive files...), especially focused on security (strong encryption, two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure file deletion...).
PeaZip 6.6.1 changelog:
- Updated backend to UPX 3.95
- Various fixes
Extraction and Archiving
Added option to force extraction of unknown file types with PeaZip
- check "Extract unsupported file types" option on Advanced tab of extraction screen
- check "PeaZip" to force using PeaZip as extractor (default), uncheck "PeaZip" to define a custom extractor
- Fixed issue in extraction of ACE files (unace plugin is required, no need to re-download / re-install the existing plugin)
- Fixed issues preventing tasks being launched from Console tab in some cases
- Working path can be now set to output, temp, custom (user defined directory), or none
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware