Plumbago, a new note-taking and drawing app from Microsoft Garage is now available on the Windows 10 Store.
Plumbago has, until now, been in closed beta testing inside of Microsoft, but now it’s available to everyone using Windows 10 and even Windows 8 and 8.1. While at first a bit confusing (after all doesn’t Microsoft already have OneNote for this very purpose?) Plumbago quickly shows itself as a differentiated contender.
The app seems to be focused on handwriting, preferably with a stylus like the one found on the Surface line of tablets. According to its release notes the app features:
- Smooth handwriting — Adjust the smoothing level you want for beautiful handwriting.
- Realistic ink and paper — Elegant color palettes, realistic inks, and useful papers.
- Add pictures — Trace, highlight, and annotate imported image files.
- Unlimited notebooks — Organize your ideas, notes, and writing in notebooks.
- Easy navigation — See all pages and easily navigate between pages in a notebook.
Share pages or copy areas to the clipboard — Save a page as an image or copy specific areas to use in other apps, such as Word and OneNote.
Of course, it’s worth remembering that this is a Microsoft Garage project, not an application launched by Microsoft as a company. So to that end there may still be quirks to the program, and it’s not currently available on mobile devices. However, handwriting enthusiasts or those with an artistic bend may find it quite an interesting addition to their app lists.
You can download Plumbago from here.
25 Comments - Add comment