QupZilla is a new and very fast QtWebEngine browser. It aims to be a lightweight web browser available through all major platforms. This project has been originally started only for educational purposes. But from its start, QupZilla has grown into a feature-rich browser.
QupZilla has all standard functions you expect from a web browser. It includes bookmarks, history (both also in sidebar) and tabs. Above that, it has by default enabled blocking ads with a built-in AdBlock plugin.
In addition to standard features, QupZilla offers:
- Native look'n'feel on Linux
- Library - History, Bookmarks and RSS Reader in one window
- Option to send DNT Do-Not-Track header
- Private Browsing mode
- History and Bookmarks Sidebars
- Stylable user interface through themes (4 already packaged with browser)
- SSL Certificate Manager
- Search Engines Manager
- Supports importing bookmarks from other browsers
- Speed Dial for quick access to favorite pages
QupZilla 2.2.0 release notes:
QupZilla will now get only bugfix releases and next major release will be under the Falkon name.
- added back print element background option
- added back print preview dialog
- added session manager
- tab icon is now hidden when page has no icon
- improved locationbar completer with search suggestions
- improved handling of downloading dependencies in GreaseMonkey scripts
- various improvements in TabManager extension
- Linux: PulseAudio streams now have QupZilla app name and icon
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware