Not too long ago, Xiaomi unveiled its low-cost range of Redmi 4 smartphones, which included the Redmi 4, 4A and 4 Prime with slight differences between them. Now, the company has announced the Redmi 4X, which is an upgraded version of the standard Redmi 4 with the new Snapdragon 435 processor.
The Redmi 4X smartphone is the second smartphone launched by Xiaomi today. It is identical to the original Redmi 4 in terms of design, as well as most hardware specifications. Besides the processor, there don't seem to be any changes in the device. As for color options, Xiaomi has now introduced Rose (Cherry Blossom), Gold and Matte Black variants of the metal-bodied smartphone.
The device's hardware specifications are as follows:
- 5-inch 720p HD display (1280x720), IPS LCD panel
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 octa-core processor clocked at 1.4 GHz
- Adreno 505
- 2 GB RAM / 16 GB storage or 3 GB RAM / 32 GB storage, support for microSD cards up to 256 GB
- 13-megapixel rear camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash, 5-megapixel front camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 4100 mAh battery
- Dual-SIM, faster 4G LTE
Xiaomi has priced the Redmi 4X's base variant at 699 yuan ($102), while the top variant will be available for 899 yuan ($130). The company once again seems to have hit a sweet spot with the pricing. Currently, we do not know whether the Redmi 4X will be launched outside of China, but we will keep you informed if there are any plans.
Source: MIUI |