Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 6.20 changelog:
- CHM Input: Fix a regression in the previous release that broke conversion of CHM files
- Windows: Make moving files in the calibre library folder more robust, locking folders in addition to files, before the start of the move
- Get books: Update Barnes and Noble store plugin for website changes
- Kindle output: Only re-encode JPEG images with EXIF metadata if the metadata contains actual transpose operations
- PDF Output: Fix error when input document contains multiple instances of a font some with vertical metrics and some without
- PDF Output: Fix using CSS Multicolumns for body causing conversion to fail when header/footer is specified
- MOBI Input: Fix a crash when converting some corrupted palmdoc compressed MOBI files
- E-book viewer: Ensure CSS stylesheets are interpreted as UTF-8
New news sources
- Prospect Magazine UK (Free) by ping
Improved news sources
- Foreign Affairs
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware