CCleaner is a system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.
Starting with the version 4.18, CCleaner enables you to set up automatic monitoring and cleaning for Internet browsers and your PC in general. For example, every time you close an Internet browser, CCleaner can perform an automatic clean of browser files and settings, or it can ask you if you want to run a clean. Similarly, CCleaner can monitor your PC and, every so often, detect whether it will benefit from a clean and either clean it automatically, or ask you if you want to run a clean. When you enable automatic monitoring, CCleaner will continue to run in the background and you’ll see an icon in the system tray. Do not close this icon or you will disable automatic monitoring and cleaning.
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Windows - Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner
- Third-party applications
CCleaner 5.44.6575 changelog:
- Internet Explorer cookies are now cleaned from the INetCache folder in Windows 10
- Fixed a bug causing cleaning incompatibility with Firefox Malwarebytes extension
- Added reminders for expired CCleaner Professional subscriptions
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware