Rainmeter is a free, open-source platform that enables skins to run on the desktop. Rainmeter allows you to display customizable skins on your desktop, from hardware usage meters to fully functional audio visualizers. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
Rainmeter is the best known and most popular desktop customization program for Windows. Enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins; handy, compact applets that float freely on your desktop. Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts.
Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking. Rainmeter is at once an application and a toolkit.
Rainmeter is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU GPL v2 license.
Rainmeter 220.127.116.1116 changelog:
- Custom Plugin functions: Matching leading and trailing quotes (double and single) will now be stripped from each parameter before being sent to the plugin.
- Inline Lua: Corrected a rare parsing issue when using the measure/meter GetOption.
- Inline Lua: Numeric parameters starting with ( are now run through the Rainmeter math parser before being sent to the lua script.
- Lua GetOption: The GetOption function for measure / meter objects will now accept an additional optional boolean parameter called bReplaceMeasures, that when false will not replace any section variables before retrieving that option.
- MouseActionCursorName: Added various cursor options. See Change Announcements for details.
- Inline Lua: Added the parameter type nil.
- Inline Lua: Allow for parameter types true, false, and nil to be case-insensitive in the skin ini file (does not apply to the lua script).
- VS2022: Updated the project to use the latest Visual Studio 2022 for development
- NowPlaying: Removed LyricWikia parsing from Lyrics option.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware