The SeaMonkey project is a community effort to develop the SeaMonkey all-in-one internet application suite. Such a software suite was previously made popular by Netscape and Mozilla, and the SeaMonkey project continues to develop and deliver high-quality updates to this concept. Containing an Internet browser, email & newsgroup client with an included web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools, SeaMonkey is sure to appeal to advanced users, web developers and corporate users.
Under the hood, SeaMonkey uses much of the same Mozilla source code which powers such successful siblings as Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro. Legal backing is provided by the Mozilla Foundation.
For SeaMonkey 2.49.3, the following extensions are removed and are not included in the distribution (due to repack issues).
- DOM Inspector 184.108.40.206 DOM Inspector 220.127.116.11 available on the Mozilla Add-Ons page is not compatible with SeaMonkey 2.49.3. You need to use version 18.104.22.168 or higher. You can install it fromDOM Inspector 22.214.171.124. This version is compatible with SeaMonkey 2.1 to 2.53 and Thunderbird 4.0 to 56.0.
- Lightning 5.4
Unless stated otherwise they can be obtained from AMO.
What's new in SeaMonkey 2.49.3:
- SeaMonkey 2.49.3 contains (among other changes) the following major changes relative to SeaMonkey 2.49.2
- SeaMonkey 2.49.3 uses the same backend as Firefox and contains the relevant Firefox 52.7.3 ESR security fixes.
- SeaMonkey 2.49.3 shares most parts of the mail and news code with Thunderbird. Please read the Thunderbird 52.7.0 release notes for specific changes and security fixes in this release.
- SeaMonkey now uses gtk3 on Linux. If you experience a problem because of this please file a bug and link it to Switch Linux builds to GTK3 with SeaMonkey 2.49. Pleae try another OS theme first. Some of them are buggy and cause problems with SeaMonkey, Thunderbird and Firefox.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware