A fresh re-install always makes Windows much faster but that means you lose all your program settings. CloneApp will Backup all your App settings from Windows' directories and the Registry, and only those you really need. The Idea behind CloneApp is a bit different from the "classic" Backup tool. The main purpose is to backup all the Configuration files in the Windows Program directories and the Registry.
Supported software includes 7-Zip, Adobe Reader, Classic Shell, Gimp, Google Chrome, Google Earth, IrfanView, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office 2010/ 2013, Firefox, Opera, VLC Media Player, and it can preserve plenty of Windows settings, too: Favorites, Contacts, Network folder settings, Start Menu and more.
CloneApp can also be extended via "plug-ins", plain text files which define exactly which files, folders and Registry keys the program should preserve.
CloneApp 2.02.177 changelog:
- Added confirmation dialog whether a Backup should be performed
- Fixed critical Bug in Import of custom Themes (in some cases a disabled Hamburger menu could lead to a crash of CloneApp)
- Optimized Theme customizations function (the "Options" section in theme.ini overrides CloneApp options, also if the theme Status is disabled)
- Redesigned Info window
- Added support for Free Download Manager 5
- Optimized support for Windows Local Group Policy
- Optimized Update check function
- Optimized UI of left Navigation panel incl. Hamburger menu
- Several minor spelling improvements
- Several UI Improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware