WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs. WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self extracting and multi volume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
WinRAR 6.10 Beta 2 changelog:
- WinRAR icon is displayed on Windows 11 taskbar after invoking WinRAR from Explorer context menu. There was no icon in previous beta version in this case.
- Archive information dialog includes the proper compression dictionary size for ZIP Deflate64 and Implode compression methods. Previously it was always 32 KB for them.
- WinRAR shell extension could crash in Windows 11;
- restoring from tray did not correctly place WinRAR under other opened windows in Windows 7;
- "Cascaded context menus" option in "Settings" dialog was always displayed as turned on, even if user turned it off earlier.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware