Atom is a text editor that's modern, approachable, yet hackable to the core—a tool you can customize to do anything but also use productively without ever touching a config file. Atom comes pre-installed with four UI and eight syntax themes in both dark and light colors. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also install themes created by the Atom community or create your own.
Atom helps you write code faster with a smart, flexible autocomplete. Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
Atom 1.30.0 notable changes:
- Updated to Electron 2.0.4
- The GitHub tab now displays open pull requests for the repo you're working in and allows you to easily check out PR branches without leaving the editor.
- The Git tab now renders emojis in recent commit messages.
- A new Tree-Sitter grammar was added for language-ruby
- New APIs for querying Tree-Sitter syntax nodes in a text buffer.
- Added a <language scope name>:root-scope-used activation hook so that packages can be activated when a language is set as the root scope of a text editor.
- Cmd+- now appears as the keybinding for window:decrease-font-size in the View menu on macOS.
- Added a few new data points to our metrics package to better understand the impact of Atom's hackability.
- Added Node.js, Chromium, and Electron version details to the About screen.
- Added a new image-view.defaultBackgroundColor that configures the default background color when viewing images in Atom.
- Fixed a regression in one-light-ui and one-dark-ui where text underlines appeared when hovering over clickable status bar elements.
- Updated one-light-syntax and one-dark-syntax to provide better syntax coloring for embedded languages.
- Fixed a crash that occurs when amending a co-authored commit.
- Improved clickability of the "Push/Pull" status bar item.
- Fixed issues in autocomplete-plus that [prevented some completions from being inserted]
- (atom/autocomplete-plus#983) and degraded editor performance when editing long lines.
- This fixes a bug where void tags (e.g. meta) fold weirdly when Tree-sitter is enabled in html.
- Cursor movement across lines is now more predictable.
- Hide tooltips when a user is typing.
- Introduce new Atom APIs for observing Git repositories.
- Don't clear built in CSS classes from TextEditor when calling updateClassList
- Fixed an issue where panes were not calling onDidTerminatePendingState when destroyed.
- Fixed spell check error on systems using a non-US locale as a default.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware