Balabolka is a Text-To-Speech (TTS) program. All computer voices installed on your system are available to Balabolka. The on-screen text can be saved as a WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG or WMA file. The program can read the clipboard content, view the text from AZW, AZW3, CHM, DjVu, DOC, EPUB, FB2, HTML, LIT, MOBI, ODT, PRC, PDF and RTF files, customize font and background colour, control reading from the system tray or by the global hotkeys.
The program uses various versions of Microsoft Speech API (SAPI); it allows to alter a voice's parameters, including rate and pitch. The user can apply a special substitution list to improve the quality of the voice's articulation. This feature is useful when you want to change the spelling of words. The rules for the pronunciation correction use the syntax of regular expressions.
Balabolka can save the synchronized text in external LRC files or in MP3 tags inside the audio files. When an audio file is played with players on a computer or on modern digital audio players, the text is displayed synchronously (at the same way, as lyrics for songs).
Balabolka 22.214.171.1242 changelog:
- Added the new format of dictionaries for pronunciation correction. BXD-files combines the options of REX and DIC formats.
- Added the option "Include notes inside text" for DOCX, FB2 and ODT documents (the window "Text Import").
- Fixed the selecting of the audio output device in Windows 10 (for situations when the default audio output was changed).
- Updated the text extracting for EPUB and FB2 files.
- Resources for Bulgarian, German, Hungarian, Slovenian and Spanish languages were updated (thanks to Kostadin Kolev, Regine Mueller, Zoltan Magyar, Jozef Gregorc and Fernando Gregoire).
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware