Bvckup 2 is a mirroring data backup software notable for its use of delta copying, speed of operation, small resource footprint and a "beautifully functional" user interface. The software replicates files from one location to another in their original format and purposefully does not include options for compressing or encrypting them. It does however include a comprehensive list of supporting features including periodic and real-time backup scheduling, removable device tracking and shadow copying support. Ideal for making local backups, backups going to external and removable drives as well as to NAS devices.
Bvckup 2 features:
- Real-time, scheduled and manual backups
- Very fast, delta file copying
- Excellent user interface
- Backup of locked files with shadow copying
- Removable device tracking
- Move/rename detection
- Windows XP and newer
- Full 64-bit support
- Run-as-a-service mode
- Symlink and junction support
- Ownership, group and DACL copying
- Fully asynchronous I/O
- Multi-core processing where required
- Optimized throughout for no run-time bloat
- Software update notifications
Bvckup 2 R73 Rev 9 changes:
- Resolved an issue with the log viewer when the UI is denied access to all log index files. This is may happen if another process (e.g. an antivirus) opens .tdb files for whatever reason in exclusive mode.
- Reduced CPU consumption while idling.
- Resolved an issue with the internal timer module -- a potential arithmetic overflow when converting the value of Windows high-performance timer to microseconds. This fix is provisional as I'm not certain that this issue can be ever triggered to begin with (as it would require the timer frequency in the GHz range and the machine uptime in years).