Calibre is an open source e-book library management application that enables you to manage your e-book collection, convert e-books between different formats, synchronize with popular e-book reader devices, and read your e-books with the included viewer.
It acts as an e-library and also allows for format conversion, news feeds to e-book conversion, as well as e-book reader sync features and an integrated e-book viewer.
Calibre's features include: library management; format conversion (all major ebook formats); syncing to e-book reader devices; fetching news from the Web and converting it into ebook form; viewing many different e-book formats, giving you access to your book collection over the internet using just a browser.
Calibre 4.11.1 new features:
- Viewer: Allow right clicking on the scrollbar to easily access commonly used scrolling shortcuts
- Edit book: Preview panel: Allow right clicking on images to edit them
- Add a new Quick select action to quickly select a virtual library with a few keystrokes. Activated by Ctrl+t or the Virtual library menu
- Viewer: Calculate default column widths based on current font size
- Viewer: Add a control to quit the viewer useful on touchscreens.
- Viewer: Add shortcut for showing metadata (Ctrl+n)
- Viewer: Fix a regression that broke detection of pop-up footnotes using EPUB 3 markup
- Viewer: Fix current reading position not preserved when changing preferences and auto scroll is active.
- Viewer: Fix stopping autoscroll at end of chapter not stopping next chapter jump.
- Fix for viewer window going off screen even when not restoring window geometry
- Edit book: Fix syntax highlighting for break-(before|after)
- Fix drag and drop of some image files onto edit metadata dialog not working
- Conversion pipeline: Fix styles applied via selectors to the
- Bulk metadata edit: Fix clear series not resetting series index
- Fix clicking on author name in book details panel to search in Goodreads not working if author has more than two parts in his name
Improved news sources:
New York Times
Changes in 4.11.2:
- fixes a couple of regressions that broke the New bookmark button in the viewer and scrolling in the content server library view.
- fixes calculation of default column widths in viewer not changing when font size is changed.
Download: Calibre 4.11.2 for Windows | Portable | Windows 64-bit | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Calibre 4.11.2 for MacOS | 154.0 MB
Download: Calibre 4.11.2 for Linux
View: Calibre Home Page | Calibre Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware