Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. FTP backup is also supported in both directions (download and upload).
Cobian Backup exists in two different versions: application and service. The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary.
Cobian Backup is not an usual backup application: it only copies your files and folders in original or compressed mode to other destination, creating a security copy as a result. So Cobian Backup can be better described as a "Scheduler for security copies". Cobian Backup supports several methods of compression and strong encryption.
What's new in this version:
- Now you can execute a Command Line action as an event. This is great if you cannot use the execute or ExecuteAndWait event for some reason
- The interface warns you now when the engine is not found
- When executing a file externally (by the UI) errors were not marked as such
- Showing the filter "All files" in some dialog boxes didn't work. Fixed
- FTP sources and destination can now be parametrized
- Portuguese-PT language updated
- English language updated
- Spanish language updated
- The help file has been updated