DaVinci Resolve is the world’s first solution that combines professional offline and online editing, color correction, audio post production and now visual effects all in one software tool. You get unlimited creative flexibility because DaVinci Resolve makes it easy for individual artists to explore different toolsets. It also lets you collaborate and bring people with different creative talents together. With a single click, you can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio. Plus, you never have to export or translate files between separate software tools because, with DaVinci Resolve, everything is in the same software application.
DaVinci Resolve is the only post production software designed for true collaboration. Multiple editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a larger collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and is used for finishing more Hollywood feature films, episodic television programing and TV commercials than any other software.
Important information regarding database management
DaVinci Resolve 17.4.x requires a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you back up your existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and then restore that database for the upgrade before upgrading to this release.
There is no database change from 17.x.
DaVinci Resolve 17.4.1 changelog:
- Improved frame based imports from Finder.
- Addressed an issue with HDR on viewers on Mac.
- Addressed an issue with banding on video clean feed on Mac.
- Addressed incorrect fades when trimming in the edit timeline.
- Addressed an issue displaying certain unicode characters in Text+.
- Addressed an issue where Text+ expressions would not work.
- Addressed slow playback for Text+ with character styling.
- Addressed retention of smart filters between projects.
- Addressed nested macros not rendering or showing previews in Fusion.
- Addressed incorrect Fusion viewer behavior with tablet input devices.
- Addressed trim interpolation for imported XML Dolby Vision metadata.
- Addressed incorrect PAR values on some Blackmagic RAW clips.
- Addressed issue with lost customized subtitle backgrounds.
- Addressed an issue with unintended markers on Sony MXF clips.
- Addressed a decoding issue with Panasonic XAVC clips on Mac.
- General performance and stability improvements.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware